|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with incident or emergency response coordination.
- Experience in systems administration, software engineering, digital forensics, security engineering or privacy engineering.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with Python, Go, C/C++ and/or Java.
- Experience with Digital Forensic analysis.
- Understanding of legal, information security, and privacy frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001 and Safe Harbor Frameworks).
- Ability to lead teams of people in ambiguous situations through influence and not authority.
- Excellent communication skills and a data-driven analytical approach toward solving complex challenges.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system"- only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Google is creating technologies that will revolutionize how people connect and interact with each other and information. Security and Privacy are critical components to these new solutions. In this role, you will be passionate about information security and privacy and help keep the world safe. You will be on the initial lines of security and privacy incidents from all around the company, setting the tempo and driving resolution. You’ll set the bar for excellence in rapid response and protection of user information.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Coordinate and drive resolution on a diverse range of incidents.
- Analyze root causes, trends, and systemic issues.
- Improve the security and privacy of Google’s products and services.
- Develop excellence in Incident Management through tools and infrastructure and prepare teams across Google through exercises and training.
- Manage relationships across the company (e.g., Legal, Engineering, Communications, etc.).