The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Valuation, Modelling and Economics team in our Sydney office.
Teams within our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) service line work with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Finance, Corporate Restructuring, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax and Valuation, Modelling and Economics.
Join Valuation, Modelling and Economics and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in corporate finance and commercial advice. You will help guide clients making key decisions and improving strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organisation can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyse financial and other information in relation to our clients
- Liaise with clients regarding business performance, cash flow forecasts and prospects and understanding key valuation drivers
- Use current technology and tools to enhance service delivery.
- Contribute to an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
- Leading teams of valuation and modelling professionals to deliver high quality advice to EY’s clients
- Managing assignments/engagements by ensuring that EY’s services are client focused, clear, accurate and well presented in a timely manner as agreed with the client and team.
- Actively keeping abreast of current and emerging developments and service offerings
- Applying new knowledge and learnings to client engagements and firm projects
- Providing guidance and expertise to team members and clients on technical issues/practices
- Providing leadership and helping further develop the VME team within the market for valuations and modelling services
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong excel, financial modelling, communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in the application of different valuation methodologies
- Demonstration of interpersonal and client relationship skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships
- An ability to manage multiple commitments and stakeholders
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An open, curious mind which can help us to enhance the way we work and bring creative solutions to client’s problems
- Strong teaming skills. We work in teams and pride ourselves on our open, supportive culture
- A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others