- Permanent Ongoing Positions
- 5/4/4/5 Days Only Roster
- Competitive Remuneration
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting into the Superintendent Warehousing, your primary focus will be the Safe operation of a Mine Site based team. The primary purpose of this role is to lead, coach and mentor the warehouse team members to ensure delivery against performance targets and warehousing best practices.
Please note that accommodation is not provided. Candidates will need to reside within 60 minutes driving distance from Muswellbrook.
Skills and Requirements
- Supply Chain Professional, all Supply disciplines from all industries are encouraged to apply
- Team-oriented attitude with a continuous drive to improve to reach great outcomes;
An uncompromising commitment to Safety;
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder engagement essential;
- Fostering a culture that promotes team work and an environment that your team will grow;
- Forklift licence & drivers licence;
- A strong desire to led continuous improvement initiatives;
- SAP Knowledge (added)
- An understanding of Lean Methodologies and how to get the best out of your environment (highly regarded);
- Ability to obtain and success fully execute S123 and G2 Qualification;
- Certificate III in Warehousing and Distribution or Certificate III or IV in Transport and Logistics would be advantageous.
You will be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and negotiation skills in order to influence others.
Your proven ability to motivate and manage a team is essential to your success in this role. Proven leadership experience in a Supply Chain role is essential. You will utilize your ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, strong decision-making skills in order to achieve the best outcome for your Warehouse Team.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.