Product Advisor Team Leader
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a Product Advisor Team Leader to join our team in Scoresby. This dual customer/product focused, developing leadership position serves as the expert technical liaison between OEMs and represents our customers during new product development programs in Rail, Locomotive and Defence.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Develop strong working relationships with customer technical counterparts to serve as their
primary liaison to deliver highly specialized product technical information, manage product
specifications, communicate product change information, conduct highly complex installation issue resolutions and facilitate customer requests
- Responsible for rail, loco and defence application engineering to Asia Pacific, inclusive of current product engineering support to major rail customers, and sales application engineering support to the sales teams and customers in support of new business.
- Guide and ensure safety of the team across Asia Pacific, ascertain highest risks and minimise or eliminate, meet their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Be the rail & loco and defence segment engineering lead, work with the business lead and CMI to determine product offering high quality solution approaches.
- Responsible for defence sales application engineering support to the sales teams and customers in support of new business.
- Ensure team performance, inclusive of mid and year end reviews, setting of goals, developing career statement and Independent development plans.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
- Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience – ideally from Rail, Locomotive or Defence with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and guidance to a project team.
- Proven experience in Change management projects, and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, suppliers and customers to drive the best results
- Prior background of supporting and mentoring a team of technical staff, and coordinating the work of project teams
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary (commensurate with experience). Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program. Income protection insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.