|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Product Marketing Manager, Commercial to join our team.
As the Product Marketing Manager of Commercial (AU), you own the end-to-end product marketing of our growing product portfolio of our $66M+ Australian commercial business. From market and competitive research, customer development, packaging & pricing research, positioning & messaging, value proposition design, to coordinating the product launch effort, you shape the voice of our product and help it grow a loyal customer base.
Reporting to the Director of Global Product Marketing, you are the conduit between product, marketing, sales and customer success teams. With a global team located across time zones, you take pride in your ability to deliver quality work and have a go-getter mentality to get things done. You will regularly collaborate with cross-functional teams, and you have the diplomatic skills to manage the balancing act of knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
You know our competitors and industry trends like the back of your hand. You also know our customers better than themselves, including how they make their buying decisions, their pain-points and workflows. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with users to empower our products to be successful. Above all, you have the strategic experience and creative chops to help drive world-class product marketing.
This role can be based in our Barangaroo office, or remote.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with product marketing, product management, or similar marketing disciplines
- Experience in SaaS / technology business with a passion for working with emerging technology and exploring the unknown
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems you can think big and small – while you love to be led by the big-picture, you also know how to execute meticulously on the details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you are a great storyteller; from blogs, product videos, presentations, to webinars, you have what it takes to tell an interesting story that resonates with our customers
- Mad customer interview and market research skills – you know how to ask the right questions, and knows how to best synthesize research finding to actionable insights
- Appreciation and understanding of lean-start up and design-thinking framework
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Market & competitive intelligence – be the expert of our customers (end-users and buyers); who they are, why they buy, how they buy, and their key buying criteria to inform packaging and pricing; including market and competitive intelligence of your owned industry vertical
- Build our knowledge base – understand and document our customers, their use cases, buying process, and workflows; and champion and share that knowledge with the business via internal training, battlecards and messaging maps
- Content creation – leverage internal resources to write and develop sales enablement content that help our customers see the value of our products, and use our products better (e.g. tutorial videos, solution briefs, white paper, etc.)
- Craft our value proposition - develop competitive positioning and messaging of your industry solutions backed with customer insights and data
- GTM strategy and execution - plan the release of new products and features, and manage the cross-functional implementation and communication of the plan
- Drive product adoption, revenue and retention – from preparing customer onboarding materials to designing sales training programs, you always think of ways to improve the holistic customer experience to drive product adoption metrics with stakeholders
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.