|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
The Cost Controller is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the contractual and financial obligations in accordance with the Project Alliance Agreement.
- Liaise with project teams to gather project information as required to perform the finance functions of the project.
- Support the Senior Cost Controller and Finance Managers in stakeholder management to ensure financial obligations and reports are delivered accordingly.
- Maintain budgets within the financial reporting system with respect to budget transfers and variations as required.
- Ensure reporting requirements and other financial deadlines are adhered to and regular, consistent and timely reporting is administered as required.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Commerce discipline is desirable
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting systems and general accounts procedures is essential
- Project/site experience undertaking the implementation of financial systems and managing the finances on projects is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with strong negotiation and influencing skills working with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.