|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
CIMIC Group’s UGL has been awarded the operation and maintenance of rail infrastructure for the Country Regional Network (CRN) in NSW. UGL also delivers numerous rail projects, including the prestigious Gippsland Line Upgrade project (as part of RPV led Alliance) in Victoria, as well as several signalling upgrades and level crossing removals projects. In addition, UGL delivers numerous train control systems (TCS) upgrade projects across the country with UGL’s technology products. We are also leading partners on Sydney Metro and Cross River Rail projects.
Our Melbourne based Infrastructure & Technology division has an opportunity for an experienced Signalling Design Engineer to support our ever-growing portfolio in Victoria.
We have tendered for several other major projects, so if working on something bigger is what attracts you, then there are fantastic opportunities for you here at UGL.
About the role
You will be responsible for\:
- Design and selection of equipment to suit the contract requirements
- Prepare designs to meet the project specifications
- Prepare, register and revise all company related inspection and test documents
- Review and agree design timeframes
- Lead design reviews and technical meetings with clients
- Carry out the task of Verification and Testing Engineer as required
- You must have Victorian or interstate RIW competency and the following level of experience\:
You have experience leading a team in the signalling design area and taking on challenges, making a significant impact on signalling project delivery. You also have\:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Electrical Design Fundamentals (Detail Level)
- Signalling Design Principals and Practices (Detail Level)
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training opportunities for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.