|Location:||New South Wales, Tamworth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Field Service Mechanic – Gunnedah
About the role
Reporting to the field service supervisor, WesTrac are currently seeking an experience field service plant mechanic based from our Tamworth branch. Applicants located or willing to relocate to or surrounding areas will be considered.
As the successful applicant you will be required to perform repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer machines. You will apply your high level of technical skill and expertise to carry out these duties in a customer focused manner.
You will have a strong drive, motivation and direction to succeed and be able to work in a safety conscious environment. Flexible rosters on offer.
- Site Support for Gunnedah and surrounding areas
- Performing duties on various customer projects
- Completing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer machines
Skills & Experience
- Trade certificate with a minimum of 8 years post trade experience
- Previous experience within a leadership capacity
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to successfully prioritise fluctuating workloads
- Familiarity with Caterpillar equipment
- Highly developed communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
- Advanced stakeholder/customer engagement skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information quickly
- Intermediate computer literacy skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 15% Field service allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.