|Location:||New South Wales, Tamworth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Field Service Plant Mechanic – Drills
We are currently looking for experienced Drill Technicians to join our team in the Gunnedah basin. These positions will be responsible for looking after a drill fleet of MD6250 CAT drills. To be successful in this position, you will need to have experience on surface mine drills.
This position is on an even time roster working 12 hours a day.
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve fleet performance at a site level.
- Diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on the fleet
- Repairs and Maintenance on machine electrical systems
- Offer technical support for the Caterpillar fleet
- Offer mechanical support to WesTrac and customer technicians
- Undertake workshop and field based – machine service or repair as instructed by the customer
Skills & Experience
- CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification;
- Post-trade experience in a similar role;
- Caterpillar/Bucyrus product knowledge and maintenance experience;
- Mine site experience
- Current drivers licence
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills and a strong commitment to service excellence;
- Dedication to safe work practices;
- Desirable: Drills experience
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.