Downer Blasting Services (DBS) is one of the largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce. For over a decade DBS has been provided a flexible, collaborative and pioneering blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
We are currently seeking a locally based Plant Operator for a casual role based at our Bajool site. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will support the team and be responsible for a variety of forklift duties including loading and unloading trucks as well as general labouring activities around the site.
- Ability to work well within a team and unsupervised
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Hard working with a strong work ethic
- Extensive labouring skills and experience are essential
- Current forklift ticket is mandatory.
- QLD Security Clearance
- National Police Check (valid in last 12 months or willingness to undertake)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Supportive, friendly team and a great working environment
- Growth and development opportunities second to none
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
To apply, please click on the link to submit your application. This role is being sourced directly by DBS and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Screening will commence prior to closing date.