|Job Type:||Full Time|
AECOM’s Building + Places team is looking for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer who has a passion for technical excellence and is looking to further develop their experience in delivering multi-disciplinary projects. These projects span a diverse range of constructions sector including Healthcare, Education, Commercial, Defence and Airports. This role will provide mechanical services HVAC expertise and leadership through the provision of design services and advice to a broad range of clients and industry sectors including Health, Education, Commercial, Retail, and Defence.
Working within a dynamic, highly motivated and driven team, you will mentor our junior staff and develop our future engineers. As an experienced professional, you will contribute to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects.
As part of this role you will:
- Project manage medium to large scale multi-discipline projects for the Building Services team
- Lead coordination across all disciplines and act as the key project contact for the AECOM Building Services team
- Provide mechanical services HVAC expertise and leadership as well as demonstrate broad knowledge of other engineering disciplines
- Deliver design services and advice direct to clients
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in project delivery
- Participate in business development
- Assist in work planning and programming within the team
- Assist in training and mentoring junior team members
- Be an active and leading member of the Mechanical engineering team and contribute to the team’s success
- 10+ years' experience
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Registered Building Practitioner - Victoria
- Experience working for a Building Services Consultancy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively with both internal and external clients
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical design documentation
- Experience in managing project budgets and resources
- Exceptional levels of written and oral communication
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Mechanical
*Business Line*Buildings & Places
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.