At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Director, Valuations to lead the Oceania Financial Services Office (FSO), Valuations, Modelling & Economics (VME) team and report directly to the APAC FSO Leader. This role is based in Sydney and is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
You will lead a portfolio of clients across the VME agenda, leveraging EY’s global network of financial services sector and Strategy and Transactions (Sat) professionals. We’ll give you the platform to professionally flourish as you embrace the value of a diverse workplace and our collective capability that we believe sets us apart.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify and generate business opportunities, ensuring engagements are planned and delivered within budget and on time
- Lead proposals and create tailored offerings, whilst delivering engagements in line with our values and commitment to quality
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and build trusted relationships with senior financial services executive
- Draw on your knowledge and expertise to create practical and innovative insights for clients, contributing to EY thought leadership
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, mentoring, and leading people initiatives to empower high performing teams
Skills and attributes for success
- Relevant knowledge, skills and experience at a senior level in the fields of valuations or financial modelling
- At least 10 years of financial services or professional services experience
- High emotional intelligence and well-developed communications skills, with a strong focus on building internal and external networks
- Experience leading high performing teams of talented professionals
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A member of CAANZ, CPA or CFA
- Big 4 experience
- Evidence of a focus on the financial services industry