Specialised Purchasing Team Leader
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a Specialized Purchasing Team Leader to increase purchasing performance across the Asia pacific region. This newly created role can be based in Australia or Singapore.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Drive improved focus and performance primarily for "Enclosures in the DataCentre market" but also to increase purchasing performance across the Asia Pacific region.
- Guide the costing team in using in the sourcing selection to mitigate risk for the larger projects in the region. Collaborate with peers and others to produce direct and/or indirect sourcing and purchasing strategies.
- Drive improvement of the Enclosure Supply Chain and improve the quality and capacity of the existing supplier and establish additional suppliers and supply chain/purchasing strategy to achieve business goals. Support marketing team in winning new projects in the region and will provide input to influence the global sourcing strategy definition.
- Define project scopes, mitigate risk, and identify savings opportunities. Implement policies and track supplier and team performance to ensure that Cummins business goals are realized with respect to market-driven supply chains.
- Identifies and manages a relevant supply base of competitive and innovative companies.
Builds strong supplier relationships; serves as primary contact for issue resolution with suppliers. Negotiates supplier contracts independently or as the member of a negotiating team; manages relationships with suppliers.
- Motivates staff where applicable; sets goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Extensive purchasing experience (at a management level) across the APAC region – ideally from a DataCentre, EPC, Rail, industrial or Oil & Gas background
- Proven experience of problem solving, negotiating and balancing of cost/risk/quality
- Previous experience of managing multiple stakeholders and managing conflict
- A strategic mindset with a strong financial acumen and be able to build strong customer and internal relationships
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary (commensurate with experience). Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program. Income protection insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.