|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Program Manager – Azure Space (Australia)
Azure Space is seeking individuals who are interested in developing and implementing cutting-edge cloud technology, being part of a collaborative and diverse team, advancing critical customer missions in space and through the use of space, and driving new opportunities spanning Microsoft partners, industry and government partners, and Azure customers.
In this role, you will work in an agile environment that values creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth. We seek out new and different perspectives, exercise curiosity, and embrace a culture of learning. You will have substantial opportunity to shape technical direction, make a tangible and positive impact, and obtain unique and valuable experience across an array of technologies.
You will leverage a deep understanding of the Australian space ecosystem and apply it towards the Azure cloud for innovative solutions for security, civil, and commercial applications for space system developers and operators as well as end users of space services.
As we develop and grow our business to enable the space sector, we identify and take on advanced projects to push the art-of-the-possible with Azure. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on (and off) the planet to achieve more, and we strive to make Azure the best cloud for every industry and customer.
Join us and build the future of global computing and connectivity!
- Grow the Azure Space business by being able to anticipate and identify Australian space industry needs and opportunities that can be addressed with existing Azure (or Azure partner technology) or through innovation within Azure.
- Have a good grasp of the technical disciplines of cloud solutions and products (e.g. analytics, compute, containers, security, storage, etc..) and must be confident in organizing architectural discussions between Azure teams and customers.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on technology investments and applications between Azure and the space sector.
- Establish new technical areas that enhance and exploit Azure capabilities to drive growth in the space sector.
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, compliance and the field leadership to translate new concepts that are emerging from the research community into new products offerings through proof of concept demonstrations.
- Staying abreast of new Azure services, and features
- Be a technical scout for the organization such that emerging opportunities are not missed.
- Manage multiple programs and customers working with a diverse set of skillsets from within Microsoft, with partners, and with customers.
Basic/ Required Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience working in the space sector with the majority focused on the Australian space ecosystem spanning national security, civil, and commercial space sectors and/or consumers of commercial/government space services.
- Ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business and technical needs and priorities.
- Ability to deal with technical challenges, solve problems, and make tough decisions / recommendations to customersand leadership.
- Excellent communicator and able to present to audiences in a clear and effective manner, at various levels of technical depth.
- 3+ years in the use of cloud solutions and products for industry and/or government solutions.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent space industry experience.
- Strong track record of taking ideas from concept to production in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of Australian Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.