Requisition ID: 40242
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking highly motivated Temporary Works Engineers to join the Infrastructure group in our Transportation and Logistics team in Melbourne.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Plan, organise, and lead project teams in the delivery, design, and documentation of project requirements
- Design temporary works structures for public and private infrastructure
- Manage all key aspects of a project including cost, time, quality etc for multiple projects
- Provide support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals
- Maintain client relationships and liaise with clients to discern engineering inputs and requirements
- Mentoring and development of junior engineers
You bring to the role;
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structures or Structural Engineering
- Extensive professional experience and solid experience in the design of temporary works for major infrastructure projects
- Must have sound knowledge of Australian Standards in current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices.
- Must have sound knowledge of principles underlying temporary works design with a deep understanding of associated temporary works risks and mitigations
- Proficient in the use of Strand7, SpaceGass, or other suitable design software
- Understanding of design and analysis of all structural materials; and
- Track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Professional Engineer registered with Engineers Australia or other relevant country registration;
- Strong technical competence and report writing skills;
Why join us?
- Develop innovative solutions
- Think locally, work globally
- Be part of a diverse team that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change.
What do we offer you?
- Long term career development
- Work with world class experts
- Flexible work environment.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.