|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people. Nearmap's software engineers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modelling, large scale system design, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are looking for a C# .Net Software Developer to join our Business Enablers team. You will be working on projects critical to our needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across our growing range of products as we continue to push technology forward.
We’re focused on building a customer experience backed by the best practices and technologies in software development today including: Continuous Delivery & DevOps; Lean & Agile; Automated Testing.
The Day to Day...
- Work closely to deliver cutting edge solutions
- Have a strong software quality focus, delivering excellent code and automated tests
- Be Agile and work with the team to define, implement and improve delivery processes
- Effectively engage and communicate with a team of developers, architects, testers, business analysts and managers.
What we're looking for...
- Real-world C# experience
- SQL and an ORM framework (we use Postgres, NHibernate)
- Building Microservices using a Message/Service Bus
- Mono or .NET Core (help us get off Mono)
- Bamboo or other CI tools, GIT, GITHUB
- AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Terraform
- Linux & it’s Shell environment
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- A team player, effective communicator, takes initiative, a self-starter
- Open, honest communicator who believes in transparency
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Tertiary level qualification, ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification.
Our Developers Love...
- DevOps culture
- Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Microservice architectures
- Highly scalable systems
- Containers, Infrastructure As Code
Some of our benefits include…
- Opportunities to upskill, learning & career development
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- An allowance to help you focus on your health & well-being such as gym, yoga, massage etc.
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.