|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
In November 2020, Downer EDI Limited announced it had entered into an agreement to sell its blasting services business, DBS, to Enaex S.A. (“Enaex”), a subsidiary of the Sigdo Koppers Group. Enaex is the largest explosives company in South America and has a broad international presence exporting explosives to more than 40 countries globally.
Enaex Australia will be formed from the divestment of DBS from the Downer Group of companies. The business operates across multiple locations including 3 offices, 5 ANE manufacturing plants and a number of customers based on remote sites in Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an experienced Underground explosives operator / technician to join the ENAEX / DBS teams in Perth. The role will see you delivering operator training and supporting the daily site operations, as required. This will include stock management and management of site operations to maintain our successful application of explosives and charging equipment. In addition, you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our people and our clients, by endeavouring to always achieve the highest standard of service and living the Enaex values. Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and managing Explosives Manufacturing Delivery Systems
- Proactively participating in continual improvement of maintenance processes and equipment development.
- Operating UG Emulsion Delivery Systems
To succeed in this role, you will be a qualified Shotfirer with previous experience delivering training to individuals on the efficient operation of plant equipment. You will be confident in managing operator compliance, utilising training systems to ensure that 100% compliance is achieved.
- Self-starter, and autonomous – able to self-manage the completion of tasks safely and complete necessary documentation.
- Underground emulsion experience.
- Possession (or willingness to obtain) Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- SSAN or Dangerous Goods Security Card.
- Problem solving skills, and a willingness to take and accept responsibility for all operational issues.
- Senior First Aid Certificates - Apply First Aid and CPR.
- Good communication skills and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Working at Heights Ticket.
- Underground Shotfirer license (Desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A diverse and genuinely supportive work environment.
- An attractive 8/6 roster.
- Competitive annual salary package.
- Our Zero Harm attitude to Safety and the Environment.
If this role interests you, please apply immediately. For further information, please contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.