|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Microsoft Services is aligned by technology domains across all Microsoft solution areas enabling us to create agile delivery teams, covering all Microsoft products. We are the Cloud and AI Domain with a particular focus on Azure Infrastructure, Windows Server, Windows Client, Devices & Application Management, Cyber Security and Identity technologies.
The Architect Manager is part of the time zone leadership team and through close collaboration with other key roles helps drive high quality transformation plans and solutions that are delivered in an efficient and profitable manner.
We believe in the power of personal growth and development. We succeed as a team by sharing knowledge and experience. Don’t worry about what you don’t know; come and show us what you do know, and we will teach you the rest. We want to invest in you, your training and development.
The Architect Manager enables her or his team of Architects to succeed in delivering high quality architectural solutions across a range of technologies and industries. They govern a portfolio of accounts and are a key driver of the delivery lifecycle, bringing their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful customer outcomes through the power of their teams. The Architect Manager is a Key Enterprise Services role in bringing innovative solutions and market trends to customers and develops strong partnerships with many other roles across the Sales and Delivery landscape.
The focus of the Architect Manager is responsible for leading a team of Solution Architects in the Secure Infrastructure Domain, ensuring the delivery of high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform.
The Architect Manager is part of their respective leadership team, and through close collaboration with other key roles, ensures that high quality transformation plans and solutions are delivered in an efficient and profitable manner across the lifecycle.
Business to Technology Strategy
- Drive solutions/design wins by performing Architectural Governance across the Domain portfolio to ensure Quality outcomes. Clearly demonstrates the architectural team drives return on investment (ROI) for customers and partners whilst aligning to Microsoft goals
Change Leadership & Adoption
- Drives Quality outcomes, champions Change management and is accountable for governance of a Portfolio as a Technology leader
Be an Enterprise Services role model
- Strong Leadership of both the Domain Architects Community and Area Communities. Mentors Domain Architects and other domain resources. Generates a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating and cross group collaboration
Technology Delivery Management
- Creates a high performing team through participating in resource and capacity planning mechanisms to hire/re-skill or adjust resource levels for optimal efficiency and capacity within the Domain. Drives Delivery Excellence throughout the team, ensuring high quality customer transformation plans and solutions. Communicates vision, Business direction & Workgroup Core Priorities
Optimizing Business results
- Participates alongside team in Opportunity management through establishing a healthy pipeline to drive & win solutions/design in line with Microsoft strategy. Delivers against a Practice plan, ensuring that predictable and healthy business results are achieved
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- A proven ability to play a key role in partnering with other roles across the organization to deliver business results
- Consultancy background, with 8-10+ years of technology-related experience
- Proven success and expertise in managing teams
- Broad Industry knowledge, ideally with experience across multiple sectors and industries
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers and partners
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.