At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our clients recognise that efficient and effective management of their supply chains and operations are critical to their performance. In mature markets, it’s critical that businesses have a clear understanding of what their customers value, and that they deliver that value it in a cost-effective way – we understand this and assist our clients to achieve this.
The Australian Department of Defence is spending up to $270 billion on some of Australia’s most complex technological and commercially challenging projects over the next decade and key private sector advisers will help manage that delivery. If you want to be at the forefront of these projects and the private sector’s new business models to deliver them, then EY has an opening to help grow your career and build a better working world.
We’re a team in demand, and we’re growing. We’re looking for people to join us who can demonstrate they look at business problems in a structured way, they apply appropriate data-driven thinking to analyse it, they can articulate their point of view to a senior executive audience, and they can deliver transformational change for our clients.
EY is working closely with the Department of Defence to improve the Australian Defence capability. EY is assisting to deliver a number of projects to achieve this and support Australian Soldiers in all aspects. As a Senior Consultant or Manager, you can expect to work on and lead projects relating to Procurement, Project Management, and Commercial Excellence. If you have experience in those areas, we’re interested to hear about it.
We’re interested in people with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make things happen. Those who can demonstrate initiative and situational awareness across a complex stakeholder and commercial environment will succeed in this position. Equally important is the ability to achieve objectives while working with limited guidance and direction to achieve competing priorities.
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge in supply chain and procurement
- Provide mentoring and motivate diverse client engagement teams by delivering constructive on-the-job coaching to team members, while fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Drive high-quality work within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure clients are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Build relationships with clients and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients uncover additional areas of opportunity and manage the business development process
The successful candidates will be accountable for the service delivery and will work as part of integrated teams across projects. And may be required to operate in management team lead roles to support the varying functions and operate across a range of different projects.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Defence domain experience and interest
- An existing Australian Government security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Higher degree qualification
- Well-developed relationship, inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong Defence industry knowledge
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and challenges
- Ability to undertake stakeholder management and negotiation
- Self-directed and initiated
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity with the Defence Capability Life Cycle
- An ability and willingness to obtain/upgrade to a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance
- Project management experience
- Strong networking and influencing skills