|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing people and we are currently recruiting a DevOps Engineer / Operations Engineer to join our IT & Operations team.
Working at Nearmap is all about your engagement ability, technical expertise, your ideas and your willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things across the various cloud services and technologies. This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills with a DevOps mindset. The candidate is expected to provide input, problem solve, display technical leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle our ever-changing technology.
You have the luxury of bringing your own personal strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture:
At Nearmap, every voice matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this:
- Assist and support the high availability of Nearmap infrastructure, applications and services.
- Review and highlight risk that may exist in the infrastructure and work with the teams to mitigate any identified risks.
- Deploying Infrastructure changes to production.
- Implement infrastructure systems and solutions.
- Collaboration with development teams on initiatives and operational requirements.
- Look at software and system optimizations with a view to improving productivity.
- Working with internal clients, managing of expectations and ensuring delivery of agreed outcomes.
More about what you need to bring…
Skilled in the following areas:
- DevOps: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Docker, Bamboo/Circleci/Gitlab
- Platform: Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWS EC2, Linux OS
- Experience with deploying, configuring and managing resources and platforms at scale on cloud environments.
- Experience designing and building application containerisation and modernisation solutions Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience practicing infrastructure as code using software build and automation tools.
- Understanding of enterprise architectures.
- Experience with scripting and deployment automation experience.
- Experience with release and build pipelines.
- Experience with web-based and/or services-based applications.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals and open source infrastructure technologies.
- Team player mindset and strong collaboration skills.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well-being
If this experience excites you and you are ready to join the Nearmap family, please apply!
Watch our culture video below and find out more about what a day at Nearmap looks like:
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.