|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
UGL is looking for an experienced and motivated Project Supervisor-Mechanical to join our Capital Delivery Office (CDO) with TasWater. The purpose of the TasWater CDO is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works. This role will be based in the Bryn Estyn Water Treatment Plant near New Norfolk in Hobart.
The TasWater CDO will deliver\:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to\:
- Overseeing, monitoring, and reporting on Capital Programs project works and personnel for compliance with TasWater CDO plans, policies, and procedures, as well as legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Providing appropriate and relevant information to Project Managers so that our projects are delivered on time, within cost and to the required level of quality
- Ensuring subcontracts act safety and comply with safety requirements
- Attend Site supervision and ensure that technical standards and contract requirements are being met and meet compliance
- Provide regular reports and updates to relevant stakeholders
- You will have significant experience in the civil construction industry, water experience is desirable
- You will have relevant qualification in AQF Certificate II in Construction (or equivalent)
- You will have a strong awareness of relevant Australian standards and Industry codes (WSA)
What we Offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.