|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
UGL’s Utilities Project Team in Brisbane is looking for an experienced Project Manager with proven experience in substation projects to oversee the project team to meet our objectives and to ensure that the work performed for our client is successfully delivered and seen to be the finest in the industry. This role will be a key client facing role and you will work closely with and under minimal guidance with the Operations Manager- Power.
Your responsibilities will include\:
- Planning, executing and finalising projects for delivery to our clients.
- Managing the project teams to accurately and timely deliver projects according to schedule, budget and scope.
- Overseeing the quality control throughout the project life cycle and ensuring we meet the projects objectives and deliverables
- Focusing on acquiring resources and coordinating efforts of team members, ensuring that our clients’ needs are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring a safe and effective operation of the project through sound communication, promotion of Safety and Quality Assurance, technical assistance and sound business practices such as commercial, compliance, procurement, human resources and financials.
- The role may be required from time to time to travel and work at locations outside their base.
- You will have extensive Project Management experience working within the utilities infrastructure sectors focussing on power with a focus on substation projects
- You will hold relevant project management accreditation equivalent to Australian Institute Project Management (AIPM), PMBOK, Diploma, PMP or equivalent.
- You will have a strong understanding and knowledge of construction principles in multi-discipline contracting environment.
- You will have a high level of business and commercial acumen backed by a sound ability to create, read, and interpret budgets, financial statements and analyse variance reports.
What we Offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.