|Location:||Karratha, Port Hedland, Tom Price|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2021 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have Permanent opportunities for a Team Leader HD Fitter to join our Port Hedland branch.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for the hands-on supervision of as well as carrying out mechanical repairs and maintenance to equipment brought into the branch.
In addition to providing leadership to the workshop team, you will also be responsible for carrying out repairs, maintenance and servicing on Caterpillar equipment, carry out warranty repair work, product improvement plans and product support programs.
FIFO or Residential position with flexible working rosters available.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate;
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Previous experience within a leadership capacity
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage fluctuating workloads and prioritise accordingly
- Advanced stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance available with housing and utilities provided
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.