Last updated 20 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
Put simply, here in Payments, Billing and Automation (PBA), we are focused on saving time and improving cash flow for our customers. Our vision to make Xero the best employee a business ever had.
Within PBA, our Payments & Lending team is in the midst of an exciting modernising and greenfield journey, in what is probably one of the highest growth, high value-delivery teams at Xero. In Payments, we are looking for engineers to help us replace an existing platform with an Event Driven platform that is highly scalable and maintainable. Each pod owns an aspect of the customers’ experience, and you will deliver on this by focusing on engineering best practices, microservices architectures, principles of CI/CD to deliver secure, scalable software to meet Xero's customer needs. We run DDD workshops, spike new technologies and give you the space to learn and participate in something new. In Lending, our team just started a greenfield event-sourcing based project with one pod in August, but has already released a pilot and is expanding quickly. We are seeking other engineers interested in greenfield work, who enjoy pairing, TBD (trunk based development), and a strong team spirit with all-round collaboration.
About the role
You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You will have a willingness to learn, offer your ideas and collaborate to provide technical designs you are proud of.
- Be a team player and build great working relationships with other Xeros
- Use your technical know-how and passion to deliver beautiful software in an agile team
- Help build a positive work environment where others feel confident and able to deliver great work
- Continually be open to learning and sharing your knowledge
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
- You have a passion for building great products and who thrive in a team based environment. There will be no bullet point list of technologies, we just want Developers who are passionate about technology and delivering beautiful software
- You’re interested in working in an agile way, with the latest tech then we would love to hear from you
- You have 2 years of experience working in a Software Engineering position
- Exposure to DevOps practices
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success. As such, we are offering full and part-time opportunities (whether it be 0.6 or 0.8 FTE) as a way to balance your life and passions.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.