|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
We have an opportunity with one of our engagements to play a key role in a Defence program that aims to provide a Joint Command and Control (C2) information environment to support the planning and execution of military operations and exercises. The program responsibilities include the acquisition, delivery, integration and sustainment of the software, services and infrastructure to support the program. The Transformation Lead will lead a team of highly skilled specialists and will provide oversight of software application migration planning from staging to production environments. This is a great opportunity for an experienced technical lead to further their career in a large scale, complex project environment.
- Provide oversight of software application migration planning, application packaging and eventual migration to staging, pre-production and production environments
- Act as the key conduit and liaise closely with the Platform Services (Operating System) provider who will design and operate the above environments.
- Leading an ICT delivery team made up of solutions architects, configuration managers, Test & Evaluation Managers, systems engineers and Business Analysts
- Extensive working experience with Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience working in a large scale IT project environment
- Defence technical ICT delivery background would be highly regarded
- Experience in planning and launching cloud solutions is ideal
- Experience with planning and executing Data migration between environments
Eligibility – Due to the nature of the role we require candidates to be Australian Citizens and hold an active NV1 security clearance.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance