|Job Type:||Full Time|
Google Cloud Engineer
We are the Accenture Google Business Group, combining the best of Google human-centric design and innovation with Accenture intelligence.
The Accenture Google Business Group is part of our rapidly growing Cloud First team. Working together with Google, we help clients unlock the value of data, use advanced analytics to better connect with their customers and become more efficient, and modernise the way they do business to become more agile, natively digital and drive value creation.
As a member of the Google Business Group, you’ll be part of a team of professionals who deliver more than just technology. You’ll help clients solve real business problems, benefit society, and make good on the promise of technology, data and artificial intelligence.
As a Google Cloud Engineer in our team, you can expect to work on a variety of client engagements and Accenture & Google offerings including:
- Large scale data platforms
- Innovative analytics and AI solutions
- Customer Call Centre AI (using Google Dialogflow)
- Modern application design and delivery using Kubernetes and Anthos
Our team members enjoy an extensive range of training and certifications and we provide a whole-of-career growth opportunity along technical, consulting, commercial and leadership aspects.
As a Google Cloud Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for building and delivering solutions that centre around Google specific cloud technologies and will collaborate with other team members to create end to end solutions. These responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Designing and implementing GCP cloud deployments across data, compute and other services
- Designing and implementing GCP network architectures
- Applying security to GCP cloud configurations using best practice frameworks
- Working with application development teams to build solutions on GCP using Google Kubernetes Engine, Anthos, Google Cloud Build and Terraform/Deployment Manager
- Creating solutions using Google Call Centre AI (Dialogflow)
Depending on your level of experience you will also:
- Lead teams of consultants and clients to achieve high quality delivery goals on time and within budget
- Participate in sales and pre-sales activities
- Contribute to building the practice
Skills and Qualifications
- Securing services and configurations using Google Cloud IAM
- Designing and implementing networking on Google Cloud
- Deploying services using Infrastructure as Code (preferably Deployment Manager or Terraform)
- CI/CD concepts and systems
- Knowledge of at least one of the following GCP services or similar services on AWS/Azure:
- Compute Engine
- Kubernetes Engine
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Basic Linux OS capabilities
- Google Cloud certifications preferred
- API management (Apigee, Cloud endpoints) preferred
- Software development using Java/Python preferred
We are looking for candidates across a wide range of experience and will refine the responsibilities of successful applicants on an individual basis accordingly as part of the recruitment process.
As part of your onboarding you may be expected to acquire Google Cloud certifications and will be fully supported by Accenture to do so with training, time and cost of certifications.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in Australia must have work authorisation that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorisation in Australia and with Accenture.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Priyanka Uchil is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.