|Location:||Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment which may include: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Team with more senior CLPs in supporting more complex contracts and deal structures. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions.
- Independently, and help to, structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Strategize with senior CLPs and internal business clients prior to client negotiations
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
- Bachelor of Laws (or equivalent)
- Admitted to legal practice in Australia
- Minimum 4 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relavent industry. Previous experience as in-house counsel for an IT services vendor would be of assistance in performing this role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions independently
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Strong executive presence
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Understanding of and experience in Australian Government or State government procurement desirable
- Australian Government security clearance also desirable
- Travel required.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Francis, Sara is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.