|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 5 years of professional experience as a pre-sales engineer or equivalent customer-facing role, in the Educational Technology (EdTech) or Enterprise industries.
- Working experience with cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Experience in selling or deploying Google’s Collaboration tools (e.g.,) G Suite, Classroom, Chrome) in either Education or Enterprise setting, or equivalent experience using similar products.
- Experience architecting and supporting deployment of Device Management, Collaboration, and/or other end user computing solutions.
- Experience with managed endpoint devices (PC or mobile), and the growing ecosystem of browser-based applications and collaboration tools, in a workplace / school digital transformation projects.
- Knowledge of regional education market needs, competition and latest industry news and trends.
About the job
As a Customer Engineer for the technical sales team supporting both Education and Enterprise segments, you will equip educational institutions with Google tools to make learning more equitable, collaborative, and personalized; whilst also empowering corporations to leverage Chromebooks to set their people and creativity free in a safe, secure manner, so that they may focus IT resources on areas that matter most.
Our Customer & Partner Engineering team is critical in positioning Chrome solutions to meet customers’ business objectives, navigating technical considerations, and activating the technical sales/services capabilities of our Channel & Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). We help prospective and existing customers and resellers to understand the power of Google’s portfolio, explaining technical features, and problem-solving key technical issues.
- Work with the team to identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments to closing sales transactions.
- Own technical aspects of solution evaluations including activities such as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept management, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight value statements, using techniques like whiteboarding and slide presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
- Make recommendations on use cases, integration strategies, security and analytics dashboarding, and device management policies required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Scale our efforts with Google's Channel Management team to refine technical Go-To-Market engagement and enablement/activation, as well as evolve service delivery models appropriate for Google tools.