|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience program managing software programs through the entire lifecycle.
- Experience in release management for software engineering projects.
- Demonstrated collaborative method of working, and experience delivering complex systems on time.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical audiences, spanning organizational levels.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for overall program, schedules, quality and progress across multiple teams.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role as a Program Manager in Geo on the Transportation and Auto team, you'll will work with Engineering, Product and UX counterparts to usher software projects through the entire project lifecycle to deliver the maps component of the Google Auto Services product.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work closely with software engineers, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle.
- Manage program/project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders.
- Work with engineering teams to track their work, capture status and identify risks.
- Report feature/program status to stakeholders.
- Work with, and assist product team with launch approval and Software release practices.