|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Associate's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with office software applications and project management software.
- Experience in accounting; managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Demonstrated experience with vendor relationships and contract management.
- Experience providing support for budgeting, forecasting, and purchase orders.
- Experience in negotiating with vendor companies.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
As a Data Center Facilities Specialist you'll provide due diligence for site selection along with the the sustaining and improvement of the quality of vendor operated data centers. You will also work to build requirements and tools that improve operations analytics and reliability.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Prepare statement of work (SoW) for critical and non-critical facility operations contracts.
- Obtain facilities related vendor price quotes, prepares purchase orders, and reviews/approves invoices.
- Work with support service vendors to resolve conflicts and issues under the direction of the Facility Manager.
- Manage facilities system operation and maintenance expense forecasting and budgeting.
- Act as the point of contact for small to medium projects as assigned by the Facility Manager.