|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empowering the world to reach its full potential, securely—that’s our vision in Cisco Secure. We do this by providing effective security solutions and becoming our customers most trusted partner. Security is everything in a world of evolving threats.
Over the next few years, we’re making big investments for a 10x better customer experience and big growth in Cisco Secure. Here’s where you come in: it starts with building a best-in-class SaaS sales team with a passion for our customers. Come join us, and let’s build the future together.
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruption in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of this transformational journey to the cloud?
Imagine having a Webex meeting with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results and help them cross the intersection of cloud and security.
In your role as Security System Engineer you will partner with our Virtual Sales Specialists and account executives in a pre -sales technical role, showcasing Cisco SaaS security solutions. You will support selected Cisco customers in an assigned geography. You will participate as a specialist on a high performing team and provide consultative cloud security engineering support in your area.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives and help the world reach its full potential, securely – that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Systems Engineering team within our Global Small and Midsize Security Engineering organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing SaaS sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco security sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with cloud security solutions that can protect their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Ciscotechnologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and how it can affect positive change? We look for change-makers able to work in a complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises by designing SaaS security solutions. You are a clear example of collaboration and put great importance on interpersonal relationships and building your technical acumen consistently. You will build value quickly by discovering the customers security needs, delivering value demos that address those needs and designing and recommending solutions that lead to technical closure and a positive customer sales experience.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ Years in a pre-sales technical role or technical customer facing role
- Network Engineering and/or System Engineering Experience (preferred)
- Actively manages Proof-of-Concepts and/or Deployments during pre-sales engagements
- General on-prem (Firewall, VPN, etc) and/or cloud security industry knowledge, Cisco security portfolio knowledge a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things– and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more– from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco