|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with local exchange carrier (LEC), telecom service providers, landlords, electricians, and construction operators.
- Experience with state and local regulatory, construction, and EHS standards, procedures, and permitting requirements.
- Experience in telecommunications, OSP, ISP, AC/DC power systems, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- Experience working with non-technical end users.
- Scripting or coding experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to speak and write in English as well as the language local to assigned metro fluently.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Deployment Engineer, you will be on the front lines of our efforts to deploy and maintain private data networks worldwide. You will work with Network Architects and Engineers, Design Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Field Engineers, Strategic Negotiators, and Technical Project Managers within Google, as well as construction and telecommunications vendors and contractors, all to position the metro for which you are assigned accountable for success. You will use your experience in optical transport, data centers, and colocation, as well as your familiarity with the local metropolitan areas to which you are accountable to affect positive outcomes and facilitate faster, better, and more efficient outcomes. Your team's objective will be to build the world’s most reliable, cost-effective and scalable optical transport network to support users globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversee and assure the quality of installation technicians for rack, stack and installation of networking equipment.
- Commission and test routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing network nodes across Google's global network.
- Generate implementation plans and provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities.
- Work closely with project management, network engineering and rest of the engineering team to identify in advance potential problems in network installations, including in the areas of facility power (AC/DC), cooling, security/access, rack layout and cable management.
- Manage network documentation, updating and maintaining network drawings and plans.