Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear giving those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to develop a team of developers at our HQ in Sydney. You'll be part of a growing team, crafting our next generation of infrastructure and delivering value to our customers through creative improvements to our product.
You'll be responsible for building an effective team, empowering them to achieve their goals, and putting those goals into broader context. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience leading an engineering team in a technical capacity
- Strong organizational, contribution, and project management skills,
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Experience helping teams drive innovation through robust technical sparring sessions
- Operational experience with teams responsible for running high-demand production services
- Consistent record of partner management and an ability to influence and seek the right outcome
- Strong customer attitude, while balancing contending priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet business outcomes
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Operation of container technologies including Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience with building and running cloud-provider-based infrastructure
- Experience with leading teams with codebases covering Go
- Validated leadership with and AWS, Docker, Infrastructure as Code focused team
- Experience with AWS building blocks such as EKS
- Confirmed strategies surrounding FinOps, Quality, Resilience, Security, and Compliance.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.