|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity for a Data/Configuration Manager to work in this key role and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Data/Configuration Manager in our team in Richmond, Vic.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead and contribute to the day-to-day conduct of configuration tasks including managing data, parts, software and documents using company systems and processes
- Perform data management activities across all program repositories including local networks, Teamspace, Windchill, Secnet
- Ensure adherence to data transfer protocols across the program including SFTP, Objective, Safehand
- Liaise with project engineers to resolve configuration management issues and ensure the detailed configuration of the product remains known and under control
- Provide advice, support and training as required as a Subject Matter Expert in areas of expertise across the Program
- Be responsible for the effectiveness of the configuration management staff in delivering configuration management services to the program
- Assist in estimating the configuration management effort and staffing profile for Contract Change Proposals or bids for new / additional business
- Lead process development initiatives for the program and subsequent testing and verification of their implementation into the Data Management System
- Manage the identification and investigation of configuration management problems, whether processes, systems, tools or staff, and formulate strategies for their resolution
- Lead the team of Configuration Management personnel on the Program
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience within a configuration management environment
- Proficient in a contemporary configuration management application software
- Degree qualification in engineering or other applicable discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed interpersonal skills to build relationships across all levels of the project
- Good computer literacy
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.