|Job Type:||Full Time|
It starts with yes …
Your primary purpose is to acquire new business and retain existing business to grow company revenue and subscriber market share in the Small to Medium Business Segment.
You are a sales hunter, who loves to support local businesses in their current state and through growth periods. You will be highly motivated, energetic, independent and driven to exceed business targets and execute strategies to grow market share. Working closely across multiple channels, you will drive whole-of-business sales and extend market reach throughout your territory region. In addition to winning new customers to Optus, you will action new cross sell opportunities allocated to them from within the customer base. You will have the support of Territory General Managers & Local Community and Engagement Managers at a local level, also working closely with team based throughout the state to help, support and guide you.
We are seeking to utilise your previous record of success in SMB sales, face-to-face relationship and solutions selling, and prospecting for new customer opportunities as this will be vital to success in this role. You will be measured on gross ads in mobiles, mobile broadband, fixed voice/data.
Additionally, you will have expertise in effectively differentiating from our competitors in the experience that Optus can provide customers and to engage with Senior Executives across a range of SMB organisations.
This role is based in Townsville.
- Minimum of 5 years of Senior Business Development and/or Account Management experience;
- Strong Telco product and industry knowledge and you will be commercially astute with sound understanding of business drivers;
- Experience in operating in both relationship, transactional and solutions sales and marketing environment;
- Sound commercial and business acumen with experience in positioning value propositions to customers;
- Proven sales track record in achieving growth through acquisition strategies and sales teams and customer loyalty through strong relationships;
- Extensive relationship / strategic sales experience within the Telecommunications and/or IT sectors;
- Strong presentation - written & verbal to internal and external senior executives;
- High levels of personal commitment and willingness to accept accountability for actions; &
- Strong and effective negotiation skills, proven ability to manage strong internal and external relationships.
Please apply in confidence via the online function.