|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Experience in cloud computing. Experience in the cloud market, competitive dynamics, and customer buying behaviors. Experience in a high-tech or consulting data centre infrastructure environment.
- Expert level experience for VMware technology stack (e.g., vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vSAN etc.) or Microsoft technology stack (e.g., Active Directory, Windows Server, etc.)
- 15 years of experience in SaaS, IaaS and PaaS presales or consulting with 10 years of experience positioning the value of moving to Public Cloud from traditional data center paradigms.
- Experience in networking (i.e., Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks) and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Experience with deployment methodologies and technologies (e.g., CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Windows, Linux system administration, and/or Enterprise applications.
- Business skills (e.g., financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
This role is a senior level lead who is part of the Data Center Transformation Team and works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership to drive large strategic sales. Data Center Infrastructure Modernization Solutions Architects will routinely engage with executives, both internally and externally providing perspective and guidance on long-term business/technology strategy, investment options drawing upon their depth and breadth of technical and business management knowledge. In this role, you will combine complex selling, partner and Global Strategic Initiatives (GSI) facilitations, strategy consulting, agreement structuring, and data center migration experience to the cloud. You will lead cross-functional business pursuit teams on high-profile data center exit and consolidation goals, facilitate executive workshops, represent at executive forums, and educate account teams on strategy best practices and industry trends.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with pursuit teams on high-profile data center exit and consolidation targets, facilitate executive workshops, represent at executive forums, and educate account teams on strategy best practices and industry trends.
- Contribute thought leadership to support Google Cloud Sales teams, and drive vision, mission, and strategy around data center migration and transformation. Meet with customers to facilitate business transformation, success patterns, and establish an architectural blueprint as the foundation for migration to Google Cloud.
- Enable customers, partners and field teams on the best way to position data center solutions on Google Cloud, explain technical features, and problem-solve potential roadblocks.