Last updated 9 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Are you a strategic design thinker who can bring teams together to solve complex problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? If so, we have an outstanding opportunity for you to work as a senior design leader on one of the most fundamental aspects of Atlassian’s product platform.
We are looking for a Head of Design in Sydney to lead the Ecosystem and Marketplace Experience Design team. This team consists of multiple groups across Sydney, Australia, and Bengaluru, India, and is currently experiencing a very steep growth curve across all functions.
This roles coverage consists of three areas: Ecosystem Platform which focuses on third party developer experiences that enable the best customizations and apps, Marketplace which provides a sales platform for businesses offering app and Automation which brings automation features to all Atlassian products.
As the Head of Experience Design, you will lead several experience design managers, product designers, and content designers, to craft an extraordinary third-party developer experience. This is combined with a leading app sales platform, the Atlassian Marketplace. The role involves partnering with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Research & Insights, and Program Management to execute the team’s vision.
As a member of our platform design leadership team, you will collaborate with other design managers, lead designers, and other partners to set the experience vision for the entire Cloud platform.
Leading this space means you get to maintain, improve, and innovate for over 180,000 customers in 190 countries. This work will directly impact tens of thousands of customers and millions of users! It will also help thousands of businesses who have been building their success on the platform to succeed.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work within an R&D leadership team to craft the ways developers build on the Atlassian platform
- Drive the customer experience strategies to impact the Atlassian product suite
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentoring, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus optimally
- Lead and inspire a hard-working team of design managers and their reports across Australia and India. With a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
- Bring your experience of customer-centric design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped design work with your team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bring the previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- Embrace the technical nature of crafting a developer experience, not shying away from sophisticated details where they matter
- Have experience leading platform experiences with enterprise-level scale and delivering value to multiple, interlinked audiences.
- Have a background in planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a hands-on designer, then subsequently as a manager, and manager of managers
- Show phenomenal facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like Engineering and Product Management
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- Have the drive and ability to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
It's not essential, but nice if you have:
- A deep knowledge of the powers and unique challenges of a platform approach
- Experience of enabling audiences with tools and frameworks
- An understanding of the need to strike a balance to nurture a healthy e-commerce ecosystem
- Experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.