At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Successful organisations depend on their reputation for keeping promises, respecting laws and behaving ethically to maintain stakeholder trust. EY Forensic & Integrity Services professionals help organisations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. We assist organisations to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks.
We understand how organisations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world.
We are looking for a Consultant/ Senior Consultant, Forensic Data Analytics within the Forensic & Integrity Services team in our Brisbane office.
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right candidate seeking to pursue a career in Forensic Data Analytics. The Forensic Data Analytics team is a group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Data Analytics are central to EY’s mission of building a better working world by asking better questions.
FDA team members typically apply their specialist skills to large or complex datasets coming from disparate data sources. Using market leading advanced data analytic tools, we look beyond the obvious to dig deeper into underlying patterns and trends. Our team generates insights to support fraud investigations, disputes, and regulatory compliance challenges for our clients, across a range of industries.
Your key responsibilities
Senior Consultants in our Forensics team will:
- Be passionate about data analytics and the opportunities it provides to organisations
- Work with broader Forensics team (including forensic accountants and incident response professionals) to assist Australian and global companies in addressing their fraud and compliance challenges
- Consult with stakeholders; develop forensic procedures and define measurable data metrics, and design investigative analysis
- Extract, validate, transform and load data from multiple data sources for deeper analysis
- Undertake extensive analytical reviews of client data to produce insights that will assist our clients with:
- detection of irregular financial transactions
- identification of anomalous employee behaviour
- targeting of error and waste in their operations
- Support senior team members in the preparation and presentation of client deliverables in a clear, structured manner
- Produce dashboards and other visualisations to support the analysis undertaken
- Provide innovative thinking for strategic initiatives, new offerings and programs
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries helping our clients, using our analytics to transform and improve their business
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Linguistics)
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling tools such as SAS, Alteryx, SPSS, Python, R or similar packages, and data manipulation languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview or Spotfire
- A demonstrated understanding of commercial relational database systems and enterprise software solutions (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Chris21, etc)
- A working knowledge of financial processes other business processes (e.g., regulatory reporting)
- Ablility to hypothesise, analyse and draw conclusions from data
- A demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present data, conclusions, and recommendations
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong stakeholder management and project delivery disciplines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with strong time and project management skills