|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keolis Downer is a major provider of public transport in Australia. We are the largest light rail operator with Yarra Trams and Gold Coast operations, and one of the most significant bus operators, through our KD Bus Division.
Keolis Downer employs 5,000 staff and is headquartered in Sydney (North Ryde). Keolis Downer provides transport services to more than 200 million people each year across Australia, including Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, regional South Australia and Newcastle. In Newcastle, Keolis Downer operates the first multi modal transport contract in Australia.
Our operations combine world leading expertise and local knowledge combining the experience of French public transport company Keolis, and one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading engineering and infrastructure management firms, Downer.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Bid Manager, based in Sydney, reporting to the Bid Director/Project Director. The Bid Manager is an internal management consultant that manages a range of bid related projects and facilitates strategic initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist and encourage the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of resources in the bid environment, including the implementation of best practice project management tools, including visualisation;
- Critically evaluate client/tender needs and develop responses to client tender requests to support revenue growth in the region;
- Review and manage the bid management systems and tools such as KeoSphere, Sharepoint, Huddle or equivalent;
- Develop management systems to achieve project outcomes, drive continuous improvement and develop associated resource histograms
- Grow revenue by facilitating more efficient organisation and developing solutions to organisational and market-based problems;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including the preparation of proposals to revise methods and procedures, redefine job functions and resolve project-related organisational and market-based problems;
- Assist in implementing processes and procedures to improve bid and project management;
- Review operating procedures within the bid management workstream and advise of departures from procedures and standards;
- Coordinate and support the pre-tender work to understand the opportunity, develop a win strategy, develop a bid budget, and identify the resource needs to be able to effectively respond (both internal and external);
- Coordinate knowledge sharing and case studies with the wider Keolis and Downer groups; and
- Identify and document an opportunity pipeline for projects in the region and provide analysis to executives on the strength and attractiveness of the pipeline.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Commerically and financially astute
- Analytical mindset and ability to listen
- Highly focussed with a strong attention to detail
- Team player and problem solving attitude
- Ability to engage and communicate with staff at all levels and build strong working relationships
- Handle stress, conflict and pressure in a positive way
- Agile, able to move and adjust quickly
- Organisation: efficiently manages time based on continual evaluation of priorities, meets deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Project Management Tools (MS Projects or equivalent)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A highly supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity working on exciting porjects
- Based in Sydney
- Full time permanent position
To register your interest hit Apply Now, or contact Brittney on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
(Note: Downer does not accept applications via email)