|Job Type:||Part Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role:
This is a combined role where you will be the first intake point for families accessing the service, while also providing administrative support to the Fairfield Family Relationship Centre to ensure the smooth delivery of services and clinical programs.
In this permanent part-time 3 days per week role you will be the first contact for individuals and families from diverse backgrounds accessing our services.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide intake, assessment, screening and referral for Counselling and Mediation clients and referring organisations
- Conduct intake interviews with clients via the telephone
- Provide clients with information regarding services and fee schedule
- Maintain a centralised up to date record of all client details for open cases
Skills and experience:
- Ability to relate to clients and their families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to manage individuals in crisis or distress
- Willingness to work with clients where issues of domestic violence and/or child protection are present
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to multi-task with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Play a key role in delivering key services with the local area that support a range of clients
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities and career path across our varied service streams
- Base, super and not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live