|Location:||Eight Mile Plains|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Design, develop and maintain end-to-end processes
- An opportunity to make a positive difference within an innovative and rapidly changing business
- Flexible on location - some travel may be required
Woolworths have an excellent role available for a Process Analyst to join the team on an 18 month fixed term contract. You will work closely with the service delivery teams, delivery squads, business team and culture and people to ensure operational integration and sustainability of change including policy, process, practice and technology innovations in an Agile working environment. You will be leveraging an understanding of the functional concepts related to the Payroll Services system ecosystem (Kronos, SAP, Successfactors, UiPath) to facilitate the identification of process improvement and automation opportunities, and support the planned automation implementations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design, develop and maintain end-to-end processes and supporting tools as required by business or system changes, ensuring the upstream and downstream processes are optimised and all processes are documented, mapped and all artifacts maintained through change control.
- Independently analyse complex process issues to identify opportunities for improvement and present key ideas to the leadership team and stakeholders to agree the going forward approach.
- Ability to understand and test assumptions using data and analytics
- QA of processes to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and provide analysis identifying gaps in process compliance, learning opportunities for team members, and opportunities for process improvements
- Support the design and delivery of change programs for new processes and identified non-compliance with standard processes
- Planning and delivery of workshops
- Supporting project governance, planning and reporting activities
- Contributing to change management activities (training, communication etc)
You have experience in a similar role leading, designing and embedding end-to-end culture and people processes. You have excellent analytical, reporting and problem solving skills and pride yourself on being results oriented, working to tight timeframes and managing priorities. You will also have the following:
- 7 years functional expertise in Process Improvement and Project Management fields in Culture and People in transformation programs
- Used Jira (Agile ways of working) and Promapp for process mapping or similar tools and Google Suite
- Strong track record of leading continuous improvement activities in a commercial or consulting capacity
- Project management knowledge, preferably using Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of broader People Systems
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.