|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase’s Investment Middle Office (IMOS) acts as the Middle Office for our clients across a range of products, including but not limited to Listed Securities, Cash, ETDs, OTCs, Repos, Bank Loans and CFDs. IMOS deals with all stages of the lifecycle for each product from broker matching, management of the client’s custodial network, lifecycle events including corporate events, ensuring timely settlement of trades and cash, management of claims and overdrafts, client / regulatory reporting and input into the production of our Investment Book of Record delivery (IBOR).
The IBOR team, specifically, provides a single, accurate investment portfolio upon which to base investment activities around and is the basis for multiple, dynamic views of positions for front-office functions. IBOR is not simply a data repository supporting the investment function though, it is a processing engine capable of reflecting essentially every type of business event affecting the investment portfolio and is capable of processing these changes as they occur, no matter what their source.
The key responsibility of the IBOR team is to provide premier service delivery and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the IBOR to our end clients. Additionally, the IBOR service delivery team liaises with our clients, and / or any associated financial organizations as required, to ensure any issues are resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Play a lead role within the Global/Regional IBOR team and act as the client facing point of escalation
- Participate, represent and implement on the continued IMOS global strategy as required and the ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- Oversee large components of the daily operational activities essential to the construction and delivery of client reporting (IBOR)
- Day to day management oversight of the team, including work allocation and capacity management, talent management as required
- Building solid relationships with Client teams including Front Office, Performance & Risk, and Compliance teams
- Work with management of global IBOR teams to achieve 100% timeliness and accuracy and seamless integration in a ‘follow the sun’ model
- Partner with Relationship Management and help lead client service and due diligence meetings
To be successful, you will need:
- Demonstrated leadership experience across process, risk and control within Investment Operations (preferably, but not necessarily, Middle Office), including managing change.
- Extensive understanding of OTC instruments / Exchange Traded Derivatives / Fixed Income Securities / Equity products and other financial instruments
- Experience of Investment Operations (Trades, Cash and Reconciliations) and reconciliations and transaction lifecycle management
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues along with proven ability to lead teams across multiple locations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Ability to be flexible, follow and meet tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and meet the client’s expectations