|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets, securities services and wholesale payments. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Global Research
The firm's Research team provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies and asset classes around the world. Its top ranked research analysts, strategists and economists are located in 27 countries in developed and emerging economies. CIB Research strives to be a leader in articulating its unique and independent perspectives in the regions where we want to do business.
Clients of the CIB, Asset Management, and other lines of business value the expertise of Research in helping them achieve their objectives. They recognize its commitment with top-tier rankings in surveys conducted by Institutional Investor, Greenwich Associates, Orion and many others.
About Data Analytics at JPMorgan CIB
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge AI techniques and driving the first adoption of strategic platforms such as OmniAI and cloud. At the same time, culture matters to us and we have worked hard to foster a community amongst all AI and ML practitioners firm-wide to promote sharing, collaboration, learning and, most importantly, fun.
In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making. The role will be in the firm’s Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with Global Research.
The successful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publically available and JPMorgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering questions relevant to our Research analysts and the firm’s clients.
- Collaborate with Research analysts and multiple stakeholders to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate final results and give context
- Document approach and techniques used
- Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases
- Collaborate with other JP Morgan machine learning teams
- Effectively manage and develop the team in Asia; act as a senior leader across global team
- Awareness of industry and competitors and impact of both on business
- Contributes to setting and driving the strategic direction for the department
- Builds cohesive, winning teams through strong communication and involvement of all team members
- Self-directed Executive who doesn’t just take orders, with strong influencing skills
- Anticipates and resolves both customer and general issues with a sense of urgency
- Process- and controls-oriented leader, maintains a strong system of internal governance and controls
- Makes sound decisions in the best interest of the firm according to risk management practices and policies
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in a data analytics role; 2 years experience in managing people
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, or similar BS with minimum 10 years experience in highly quantitative position
- Must have hands-on experience analyzing data in a professional setting
- Demonstrated ability building analytic strategies and executing large analytic initiatives that drive material business impacts and supports business priorities
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professional programming language
- Ideally, some experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, statsmodels)
- Must be able to undertake basic and advanced EDA, may require some direction from more senior team; should be aware of limitation and implication of methodology choices
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) preferable
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, or similar
- Must have the ability to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model’s performance which are aligned with business goals
- Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance