|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across New Zealand and our Whangarei crews are no exception to this.
We are looking for an experienced class 5 driver to join our team. Our work is based close to home and there is plenty of it! Ideally you will be someone who is willing to help young drivers develop in the industry and impart your experience.
You will be operating our truck and trailers to transport equipment and cart materials to and from our sites. You will be skilled to spread metal and you won’t be afraid to lend a helping hand when needed. You will be someone who sets a high standard for themselves, their load, and their vehicle as a driver.
Perks of joining Downer:
Our team is responsible for supporting various Northern network roading projects, so you will gain plenty of exposure and varied experience. We also offer:
- Stable working environment with a reliable company
- Tools of trade including Uniform and PPE gear provided
- Full Time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid over time
- Extensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across insurance, retail and travel!
- Join a highly motivated and supportive team
Along with a positive attitude and your commitment to safe worksite practises, you will have a proven ability to ensure proper care, maintenance and operation of appropriate plant and equipment. You will also have:
- Class 1 - 5 Full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Wheels, Tracks & Rollers (WTR)
- Experience in transporting, loading and unloading machinery
- Ability to work hands-on and unsupervised as well as within a team
- Experience operating in the civil construction industry (desirable)
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 578946 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest. Alternately, drop your CV into your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.