|Job Type:||Full Time|
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior Specialist, Applications Engineer
Job Location – Australia - Queensland - Brisbane
Job Code – CS20200110-51316
The Senior Specialist Applications Engineer is required to prepare, configure and support tactical, operational and strategic Networked Systems in support of the L3Harris Satellite Communication (SATCOM) business. This role will support the SATCOM Program Manager and the Business Development Director for the sustainment and development of SATCOM systems in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
- Install, perform checks, operate, repair and maintain assigned equipment at customer installation(s).
- Conduct mechanical and electronic preventive maintenance to predict problems and correct anomalies prior to catastrophic downtime.
- Provide customer training on SATCOM and L3Harris products at customer locations.
- Provide training analysis and the development of training material in support to programs.
- Develop, construct, implement or modify a test plan to isolate anomalies to keep the equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Interpret and follow moderately complex sketches, schematics, drawings, charts, graphs, blueprints, block and wiring diagrams of assigned equipment.
- Provide customer advice and planning on product capabilities and development opportunities.
- Conduct authorised upgrades and perform temporary modifications to extend continued operation until maintenance can be performed.
- Participate in field installations, upgrades, demonstrations and deployments.
- Liaise with customer personnel to provide information, advice and services as required.
- Liaise with Engineering team to highlight system defects, and recommended hardware modifications for future improvements.
- Liaise with Business Development and Sales to support future development of SATCOM capabilities to the customer.
- 7+ years previous experience working with military tactical radio communications.
- 3+ years previous experience working with Harris tactical radio products.
- Field engineering experience with tactical radio equipment including installation, operation, fault finding and basic maintenance of static and mobile installations.
- Current Australian SECRET Security Clearance or ability to attain an Australian SECRET Security Clearance.
- 4 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.