|Job Type:||Full Time|
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Logistics
Job Location: Australia- Queensland- Brisbane
Job Code: CS20210203-57373
The ILS Manager (Acquisition) is responsible and accountable for providing ILS solutions to Programs as directed by the TLS Manager, in conjunction with the Program Director. The ILS Manager will work across Acquisition contracts, associated with L3Harris Commercial and Defense products. The ILS Manager will develop outcomes and provide solutions for ILS success and will ensure that ILS requirements are delivered to the requirements of the customers’ and Program team. The ILS Manager will have responsibility and accountability for the ILS function on assigned Programs.
On assigned Programs, the ILS Manager will deliver solutions to the Program Manager. The ILS Manager will define and develop logistics support requirements, plans and schedules. A key requirement will be to perform logistics support, life cycle cost, reliability, maintainability and availability analyses. The ILS Manager will perform model testing, analyze technical data and deliver reports with which to formulate specific recommendations regarding sparing, repair parts and support equipment. You will ensure that Milestones are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to adhere to contract master plans and schedules. The ILS Manager builds relationships with customers through the resolution of issues and delivery of high-quality service. You may analyze and provide input to drawings, documentation and technical orders.
- Provide and manage analyses of logistics support, reliability, maintainability, spares parts and life cycle cost
- Preparation of accurate documentation including CDRLs and reports (ILS plans, concepts and procedures)
- Engaging with Program stakeholders and Commonwealth representatives for specific packages of work
- Liaising with Technical and Engineering personnel and updating ILS progression of work
- Development of supportability solutions with regards to spares management and procurement
- Support tender response and development of ASDEFCON plans and supporting documentation
- Detailed understanding of ADF ILS principles and practices, across acquisition
- Understanding of materiel modelling techniques/tools such as PTC Windchill or OPUS10
- Working knowledge and application of the six main areas of LSA
- Knowledge and proven use of cost management techniques including EVM
- An understanding of the CoA materiel management tools such as MILIS
- Proven ability to liaise with the CoA on system definition strategies
- Contribute to the ILS function and applicable Programs
- This role would suit an experienced ILS Manager or senior practitioner with significant knowledge of defence processes and a comprehensive understanding of Defence contracting.
- Bacelor’s Degree with a minimum 6 years prior relevant experience
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience