|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
The role of the Project Engineer – Train Control Systems (TCS) is to provide engineering expertise with the overall design phase and installation of the Train Control System.
Train Control System will cover\:
- Integrating TCS network equipment within the existing rail telecommunications network.
- Establishing the demarcation point (input/output) between rail network, rail transport operator and customer owned cabling and equipment;
- Integration of In Cab/Vehicle, At Station Communications Equipment Rooms, At Control Centres;
- Providing and/or establishing the TCS to meet project design requirements and deliverables.
- Tertiary Engineer Qualified in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications. or System Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience (experienced gained in the Rail, Automotive, Defence, Avionics or any other safety critical environment).
- Understanding of the Engineering Design Fundamentals (drawing review, change management) within Train Control Systems (TCS).
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.