At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
Our clients recognise that efficient and effective management of their supply chains and operations are critical to their performance. In mature markets, it’s critical that businesses have a clear understanding of what their customers value, and that they deliver that value it in a cost-effective way – we understand this, and assist our clients to achieve this.
EY’s Supply Chain and Operations team are recognised leaders in Operations Consulting (Gartner), Supply Chain Management Consulting (IDC Marketscape), Logistics Management Consulting (ALM Vanguard), Digital Supply Chain Planning & Design (ALM Intelligence) and Sourcing & Procurement Consulting (ALM Intelligence). As part of a global team of Advisory professionals, we connect our clients with leading thinking, relevant to their needs. We work with these leading local and international businesses, helping them solve problems which impact their success.
We’re a team in demand, and we’re growing. We’re looking for people to join us who can demonstrate they look at business problems in a structured way, they apply appropriate data-driven thinking to analyse it, they can articulate their point of view to a senior executive audience, and they can deliver transformational change for our clients.
As a Senior Consultant/Manager in our Supply Chain & Operations team you can expect to work and lead projects relating to Digital Supply Chain, Planning, Procurement, Operational Excellence and Manufacturing Excellence. If you have experience in those areas, we’re interested to hear about it.
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge in your functional area of supply chain and Procurement.
- Provide mentoring and motivate diverse client engagement teams by delivering constructive on-the-job coaching to team members, while fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Drive high-quality work within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress manage risk and ensure clients are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Build relationships with clients and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients uncover additional areas of opportunity and manage the business development process.
The successful candidates will be accountable for the service delivery and will work as part of a small integrated teams across projects. And may be required to operate in management team lead roles to support the varying functions and operate across a range of different projects.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Directly related experience in one or more of the following areas: Digital Supply Chain, Supply Chain Planning, Procurement, Operational Excellence or Manufacturing Excellence
- Exposure to operational transformation with the ability to identify how and where to improve a client’s processes and output
- Display good numeracy skills, with some finance knowledge
- Well-developed relationship and inter-personal skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and challenges
- Ability to undertake stakeholder management and negotiation
- Able to work with minimal direction and control
- Self-directed and initiated
- Ability to manage a team and utilise diverse skills and experience effectively
- Ability to manage project timelines, budget, and output to meet client and EY expectations
Ideally, you’ll also have
- IT or digital supply chain experience is a benefit
- Strong networking skills
- Consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more industry sectors (e.g. Consumer Products, Government etc.)