At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant within the Infrastructure Advisory team based in our Melbourne office with a passion for transport projects and the sector more broadly.
Our diverse team has advised on some of our largest and most complex transport infrastructure projects and asset management contracts working side by side with governments and the private sector to provide impactful advice. Being part of an energetic team, you will have the opportunity to grow your problem-solving and advisory capabilities while learning innovative approaches to address the transport infrastructure agenda across Australia.
We work on some of the largest transport projects in Victoria and around Australia and contribute across the infrastructure lifecycle - including policy development and strategy, business case, economic analysis, financial and commercial analysis, taking transactions to market and supporting transaction evaluation, negotiation, execution and contract management.
This is a great opportunity where you can play a key role with our transport clients, build your experience, commercial acumen and shape the next generation of transport projects.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop, maintain or review financial models
- Develop clear, well written and easy to understand reports and presentations based on your analysis to assist our clients in understanding complex problems
- Provide commercial and financial advice to clients
- Manage assignments by ensuring that work products and services are client focused, clear, accurate and well presented
- Support business development through the production of proposals
- Building relationships with clients and other industry professionals.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree qualified in either accounting and finance, engineering or law
- An interest, passion or experience in transport projects and the sector more broadly
- Understanding of the commercial and financial structures for major projects.
- An interest and emerging experience in developing financial models
- An enthusiasm for learning and developing options to solve complex problems
- Ability to write reports, develop presentations and communicate clearly.
- A drive and willingness to learn and get involved in new areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a high performing team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity or an interest in government and/or private infrastructure projects, procurement models, funding models, contracting approaches, and project delivery issues.
- Natural curiosity and the ability to think creatively to solve problems.