At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
Do you want to advise on city defining, complex, high-profile transport infrastructure transactions? Then join EY’s Infrastructure Advisory team and help shape the next wave of transport infrastructure development in Australia.
We are looking for an Associate Director within the Infrastructure Advisory team based in our Melbourne office with a passion for transport projects and the sector more broadly.
Our diverse team have advised on some of our largest and most complex transport infrastructure projects and asset management contracts working side by side with governments and the private sector to provide impactful advice. Being part of an energetic team, you will have the opportunity to grow your problem-solving and advisory capabilities while learning innovative approaches to address the transport infrastructure agenda across Australia.
We work on some of the largest transport projects in Victoria and around Australia and contribute across the infrastructure lifecycle - including policy development and strategy, business case, economic analysis, financial and commercial analysis, taking transactions to market and supporting transaction evaluation, negotiation, execution and contract management.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team where you can play a key role with our transport clients, lead teams, consolidate your experience, commercial acumen and client relationships.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide commercial, financial and strategic advice to clients on high-profile, complex transport infrastructure projects
- Lead teams delivering client facing advisory work including scoping deliverables, drafting advice, leading client meetings and workshops, reviewing financial analysis and draft deliverables
- Develop and manage client relationships, internal EY networks and market relationships
- Proactively identify and pursue business development opportunities for EY
- Lead development of detailed proposals, pitches, thought leadership and other business development material
- Be responsible for managing engagement economics, quality and risk management
- Mentor junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- An interest, passion or experience in transport projects and the sector more broadly
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or law
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and independently lead junior staff and deliver quality pieces of work on client engagements, whilst developing client relationships effectively
- Strong commercial acumen and general commercial skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure procurement and delivery
- Experience gained from within professional consulting practice, corporate or government sectors and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Prior experience in a consulting environment will be highly valued
- Enthusiastic and willingness to learn new capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a high performing team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Natural curiosity and the ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Desire to grow a business